The Filipino Food Blogging Event

PINOYexpats: Food for Our National Soul

By Karen On Friday, September 30, 2005 At 3:52 AM

Context... context is key. That is what I try to remember when working on food and culture topics. In trying to learn more about Filipino food, it is amazing what our neighbours, our former colonisers and those we have had trade relations with can teach us. One of my on-going curiosities is to know what food concepts we share with Indonesians. So far, I haven't found a dialogue partner but I'm sure I'll there will be one in the future.

I also wonder about food and national identity. For the September issue of PINOYexpats, Ruth invited me to write about some of these. Here is the link to Food for Our National Soul. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing.

for this post

Leave a Reply

LASANG PINOY

    Lasang Pinoy, which could mean ‘tastes of something Filipino’ or short for ‘the Filipino taste’ is a monthly food blogging event to promote Filipino food. It is a product of email brainstorming sessions of several Filipino food bloggers who thought it was time for a Filipino event in the tradition of Is My Blog Burning. The blogger organisers of Lasang Pinoy and participants strive to make the events reflective of Filipino culture.

On Sharing


  • Creative Commons License
    Lasang Pinoy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

  • Previous Posts


    Meta

    Syndication